Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Supplemental Income

In these times of economic uncertainty it is important to have a backup plan should one find oneself in the unfortunate position of being unemployed. I take this piece of wisdom to heart and have been working on my financial security through what I have come to realize is a flawless source of income:

Cat Portraiture

Yes, I have a passion for photography, and a passion for cats. When you combine the two, you have a fiscally responsible business plan that is sure to provide for the family indefinitely.

This little venture started just two years ago when several family members came to Springfield for my birthday. Our cat Murphy was lounging by the decorated tree, gazing up at the beauty and no doubt pondering the miracle that is Christmas. My brother Mike snapped several photos of him, and that was the first moment that I realized that I had the goldmine that is a photogenic cat. You just can’t keep a beauty like this to yourself. You must exploit it so that others can enjoy it as well. Here were the results of our first Murphy photo session. You may have been the lucky recipient of the Christmas card that resulted:





















Murphy was the perfect subject and we were not really looking for a new muse, but one day Maisie showed up on our porch just begging for work. After some serious discussion and deep reflection we decided to schedule a photo shoot.

We settled on a prop shoot and in the grand tradition of the McCulloch Cat Modeling Agency, decided to use a Christmas theme. The fear on her face and the glow of her eyes was just not going to sell, and while we wanted another cat, we did not want a charity case. If there is one rule that remains in our household, it is that you will work to earn your keep.
















One thing that I have learned with photographing cat models, it is that you have to set a tone. I decided to give Maisie another shot, and really concentrated on this. The results were astounding!

I would say: “Give me cattitude Maisie!” and she would produce this:






I would say: “Be thoughtful! Think of the future!” and she would give me this:















Maisie really developed, and of course Murphy continued to turn out consistent work:


I have focused on Murphy and Maisie throughout this post, but I assure you that I can achieve similar results with your favorite feline. I can bring out the glamorous side of any cat. Murphy and Maisie aren’t special, they are just lucky enough to have found me.

Packages start at only $595.99 for 3- 8x 10’s and 24 wallets. If you truly love your cat we can customize a package that will showcase their beauty within.
Cash and credit cards are acceptable. No personal checks please.

Contact me at your earliest convenience to book your photo shoot.

Sincerely,
Carrie McCulloch
CEO, CFO, Chairman of the Board
McCulloch Cat Modeling Agency
P.S. Modeling is also available for the less cuddly, tempremental cat, but an extra fee and sedation are required:

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to learn of your services. I have two cats - a Siamese-mix and a striped tabby - and both are in need of having professional portraits done. I will need the extra sedation for the Siamese as she's quite temperamental and not interested in being photographed. Think of her as a reclusive Hollywood starlet. The tabby is quite a show-off and loves to be photographed.

    Your fees are extremely reasonable. Do you offer any discounts for multiple bookings? I'm thinking about quarterly photographs. Also, do you provide props or should I bring my own? Please contact me soon so we can schedule a sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tammy,
    Why yes, we do offer a discount for multiple cats! $5.00 off of your sitting fee and an extra free wallet sized photo. (Restrictions apply.) The offer expires tonight at midnight, so I recommend booking asap! We do provide the props provided the theme is Christmas, or Christmas Eve. If you want another theme, these props must be provided by the client and will require a $5.00 accomodation fee (Thereby eliminating your discount). Think over your options and I will be happy to meet with you! Many Thanks, Carrie McCulloch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,
    How do you feel about snapping photos of a blind cat and a deaf cat?
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is just sad... I would say buy one, get one free. After all, we are really just talking about two half cats here.

    ReplyDelete